We are looking for some great people to join our Share & Be Aware team, spreading bike and pedestrian safety via direct education across the state. If you like talking to strangers, biking, walking, being outside, and making your community safer, this is the job for you. As a past Ambassador stated, “getting to do this work with such a great organization is a dream come true” . If a more bike and walk friendly state is part of your dream, send in an application.Advertisement
Job Posting: Share & Be Aware Ambassador
Share & Be Aware Ambassadors deliver bicycle and pedestrian safety education in a multi-county regions through classes and outreach events. Multiple openings exist across the northern portion of the state from Eau Claire to Sheboygan and points north. Regions will be determined based on the locations of the most qualified applicants.
The ideal candidate must enjoy people, biking, walking, working independently, and seeking out new opportunities for safety education. While focusing on safety, Ambassadors can expand their hours by working on other Bike Fed projects including Bike to Work Week, merchandise sales, and advocacy support as funding allows. This is the perfect job for a self-starter as the hours can increase based on successful fundraising efforts.
- Part time, 15-25 hours per week, with consistent weekend hours
- Seasonal position (May 1st-Oct 1st)
- Pay: $12 per hour plus mileage
- Outgoing, people person
- Comfortable giving presentations and talking in front of groups
- Self starter who can prioritize successfully and work remotely
- Passion for walking and bicycling
- Ability to learn and follow all bicycling and walking laws
- Schedule and teach bike and pedestrian safety classes, give presentations at business and organizations (such as Lunch ‘n Learns)
- Schedule and attend events in the region and do safety education outreach. Work with volunteers as needed.
- Develop partnerships and opportunities to meet Share & Be Aware goals
- Understand major bicycle and pedestrian projects being implemented and promoted across the region.
- Decide how to address advocacy inquiries around the region and follow up appropriately.
- Option to pursue funding additional advocacy work through fundraising, t-shirt sales, special events, sponsorship etc on a limited basis.
- Author occasional blog posts to support program goals and share your work in the community.
Submit a cover letter and resume in one file to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline for this position is March 6th.