As the new Mountain Bike (MTB) advocate (or as I like to call myself Head Dirt Tester for the WI Bike Fed, I am please to inform you of some exciting WISCONSIN Off-Road happenings. In my first few months of MTB advocacy here at the WI Bike Fed I have made some great connections to local MTB clubs and the like. I continue to be amazed at how rapid the MTB’ing scene is growing, and the great people behind it. If your like me and your itching to ride something new, that you have never riden before, here is what’s NEW!
- CAMBA in Cable and Hayward (Insert picture here) CAMBA is pleased to announce the completion of a continuous singletrack mountain bike trail from Hayward to Cable, Wis. Construction on the final two-mile segment connecting recently built or existing trails now links the renowned silent sports communities of Hayward, Seeley, and Cable. With this accomplishment there is now a total of 44 miles of interconnected singletrack trails between Hayward and Cable. For more information read HERE.
- The NEWOM in Manitowoc (Insert picture here) The NEWOM has gained approval from the Manitowoc City Council and the Park&Rec Dept to develop a Mountain Bike Trail System at Camp Vits City Park. For more information read HERE.
- METRO MTB in Waukesha. The first leg of a new mountain bike trail in Waukesha County’s Minooka Park opens Saturday, June 1. The trail, located near the park’s picnic shelter 5, is being opened in three phases and eventually will total five miles. The part that’s opening is 1.5 miles. For more information read HERE.
- The Rock in Franklin (insert picture here) Take your biking experience to the next level on The Rock’s new professionally built bike parks – Pro spec BMX track, the Midwest’s only gravity bike park and over seven miles of cross country mountain bike trails. The Rock Bike Parks has something for everyone from the beginner to professional level. For more information read HERE.
- Ozaukee County MTB Group in Ozaukee County. We are currently underway designing and building 4-5 miles of mountain bike trails in Pleasant Valley Nature Park & Trails in the town of Cedarburg, WI. Within the last few weeks we have opened the first two miles for riding. The trails are still a work in progress and will require more cleaning an tweaking before the formal grand opening later this summer. We hope to have signs installed in the next few weeks, but until then we have made a temporary map available on the Facebook page. For more information read HERE or check out this GoPro youtube video below.
As always, I invite you to contact me if I have missed anything in the way of MTB’ing advocacy. There is much going on, so I am sure I missed something. Hope to see you on the trails!
Head Dirt Tester
3618 West Pierce St #250
53215 414-431-1798 ext 13