WI Bike Week Events
- This WI Bike Week Event has passed.
The WTFnB Bike Week Ride + Social
June 6 @ 6:00 am – 8:00 pm
The WTFnB Bike Week Ride + Social is back!!
Join Madison Women’s Cycling Club, Radical Adventure Riders Madison, and Bombay Bicycle Club to learn about our groups and what we offer the bike community. Then, join MWCC on their regular Tuesday ride, leaving from Olbrich Park (the Biergarten parking lot / parking lot on the lake side of Atwood). After or during the ride, join everyone at Olbrich for post-ride social time at the Biergarten, where you can bring in any snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, or purchase a beverage there.
- 6pm: Meet near the tennis courts on the lake side of Olbrich Park (the parking lot at the intersection of Atwood and Walter on the lake side)
- 6:05pm: Hear from each of the groups
- 6:15pm: Head out on a ride OR stay at Olbrich until the riders return
- 8pm: Enjoy post-ride socialization, now with Ian’s pizza!
MWCC sends two rides each week that you can pick from for this bike week ride. The social route is a ~12mi lake loop and is guaranteed to have a sweep who will ride at whatever pace is needed to ensure no one is left behind. It is very beginner friendly! The longer route is 21.8mi and can be found at https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40044308 or https://www.ridespot.org/rides/588653/. MWCC rides are open to all women, trans, femme and non-binary riders.
There is a lot of construction around Olbrich this summer so please look up current detours to access the parking lot. There is also street parking on Johns and Sargent Streets.
Learn more about this event here!