We’re gearing up for another exciting week of winter biking events across Wisconsin! Celebrate the thrill of year round cycling with commuter stations, rides, and events from Feb. 3rd through Feb. 10th
Free coffee at Colectivo Coffee locations for any winter riders who come in on Feb. 4th and show a helmet!
The Wisconsin Bike Fed’s Winter Bike/Walk Challenge on Endomondo! Download the app, track your miles, and win prizes. The coldest temperature ever officially recorded in Wisconsin was -55° F at Couderay on Feb. 4, 1996. Join us as we embrace winter in this week long challenge. Any outdoor biking or walking counts.
Free winter bike safety checks and coffee. Every day of the week you will have a chance to grab a cup of joe while you put your winter rig in a stand, give it some lube, wipe it down, check the brakes, etc., all in the warmth of a professional shop:
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 – Winter Bike to Work Day: Free drip coffee or shots of espresso until 10am for cold weather commuters from Anodyne Coffee Roasters Bay View, [map] and at their Walkers Point Roasting [map].
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 – Winter Bike and Walk to School Day: Help your child walk or bike (and win up to $200 for their school), just like we did when we were kids!
- Tuesday, Feb. 4th – 5pm to 7pm, Spring Bike Challenge Pizza Planning Party at the Bike Fed office in Milwaukee. Let’s get an early start planning events for the spring Wisconsin Bike Challenge and Bike to Work Week. Delicious pizza from Transfer, delivered by Flavorcycle of course!
Wednesday, Feb. 5th – Winter Bike To Work Day – Commuter stations from 7-9 am at Machinery Row and SW Path at Crazylegs [map]; Stop at the commuter stations for a warmup of coffee and for good conversation, not to mention “bacon” at the station at the SW Path, curtesy of Planet Bike, and breakfast goodies from Whole Foods! After work happy hour, 5-7 pm, Mason Lounge [map].
La Crosse Coffee Shops will be giving a cup of coffee to bicyclists who ride their bike to their shop during Bike Winter Week February 3rd – 10th.
- The Root Note – 115 4th St S, La Crosse, WI 54601
- Ground Up – 1217 Caledonia St, La Crosse. WI 54603
- Mc Caffrey’s Coffee – 1808 State St, La Crosse, WI 54601
- River Rocks – 332 Front St S, La Crosse, WI 54601
- Jules Coffee 327 Pearl St
Saturday, Feb. 8th – Urban Bike Ride – Meet at the La Crosse Visitors Bureau at 10a for a leisurely ride, stopping for coffee and ending at the Empty Bowls Fundraiser at the Best Western/River Jack’s Hotel