Community Programs Coordinator –Milwaukee
The Wisconsin Bike Fed is looking for a competent Community Programs Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management operations. The position will assist in planning, educating, and organizing in our Safe Routes to School programs and activities as well as our Safe & Healthy Streets System Change Program carrying out important operational responsibilities.
To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized, comfortable working with diverse communities, be able to work at a high level independently, and have a passion for urban centers. If you have further skills in media and communications, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of this position is to be part of an active team that provides consistent education and encouragement, as well as help drive local policy that supports the community voice for safer and healthier streets.
Responsibilities for Safe & Healthy Streets
- Schedule survey administration during community events and other community outreach opportunities for the Safe & Healthy Streets Research Team
- Help develop the Safe & Healthy Streets Alder District Team program
- Ensure all outreach events are well tracked within the SHS database
- Assist with communications through media relations, social media etc. for the Safe & Healthy Streets Program
- Schedule standing SHS CORE meetings, take minutes
Responsibilities for Safe Routes to School
- Coordinate with Milwaukee area schools to bring education program into the site
- Coordinate data gathering and tracking of grant goals
- Teach bike and ped safety education curriculum to K-8 students
- Make deliveries in large uhaul truck
- Work with MPS liaison to disseminate information to MPS
- Communicate and coordinate with Assistant Director on basis as needed
- Manage and support staff as needed on a daily basis
- Attend stakeholder meetings and represent SRTS and Bike Fed
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK FOR WORKING WITH CHILDREN
- MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
- Be able to lift and move items up to 40 pounds.
- Be a strong independent worker and self starter.
This is a full time salaried position with a Salary of $35,000.
- Health and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays off
- 401(k) matching program
Submit resume and cover letter by August 28th (early applicants encouraged) to:
Wisconsin Bike Fed is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression