Saturday, Dec. 7th, 2019
7 am – 9 am: Preregistered riders check-in and Day-of Registration and get your collector’s pin for first 500 registrants at BelAir Cantina Tosa, 6817 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa
Preregistered riders get your collectors pin if you were one of the first 500 to register!
Pins also available at Lakefront until 11:30am at Bike Fed tent. Pick up preordered merch.
Presale purchase of shirts is HIGHLY recommended. VERY limited amounts/sizes will be on hand for sale at Lakefront Brewery until 11:30am.
9:30 am – Ride leaves from 69th and North Ave.
10:30 am – Ride ends at Lakefront Brewery, 1872 N Commerce St. (open to Santa and his helpers from 10am – 12pm)
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER AND PAY FOR THIS RIDE?
Organizing this roving Holiday Party on bikes takes lots of behind the scenes work. Just like the real Santa and elves do hard work all year to prepare for one night, Bike Fed staff and partners work behind the scenes to prepare for the Rampage many months in advance. Your registration fees help pay staff at the Bike Fed who work tirelessly to make biking better for anyone who wants to get on a bike in our state! And in case the spirit of giving during the holiday season isn’t enough to convince you NEW THIS YEAR the first 500 paid registrants will receive a COLLECTIBLE PIN & entered in a Raffle to win a SARIS hitch rack!
EACH PAID REGISTRANT IS ENTERED TO WIN THIS SARIS Super Clamp EX-2 a $500 value!(Raffle will be drawn on Monday December 9th to make sure we have all registrations processed and in the drawing pool)
See the list below for other Santa Gathering places to enjoy holiday cheer before and after the ride. Keep in the loop as we announce special offers for Santa’s helpers on our Santa Cycle Rampage Facebook community and Facebook event page. If you have a favorite cafe or tavern that wants to be listed as a Santa Rampage gathering place, ask the owner or manager to email Jake.Newborn@WisconsinBikeFed.org
- Belair Cantina, Wauwatosa, 6817 W North Ave., Wauwatosa 7am pre-ride check-in
- Cafe Hollander Wauwatosa Village, 7677 W State St. 8am???
- Cafe Hollander Downer, 2608 N Downer Ave.
- Cafe Centraal, 2306 S Kinnickinnic Ave., Bay View
- Fyxation, 2943 N Humboldt Ave., Milwaukee???
- Cranky Al’s, 6901 W North Ave., Wauwatosa
- Great Lakes Distillery, 11am-2pm, 616 W Virginia St., Milwaukee
- Mobcraft Brewery, 505 S 5th St, Milwaukee. Craft Beer and pizzas and Candy Krampus Beer!
- Urban Harvest, 1024 South 5th Street. 8am-10am, then re-open at Noon. Discounts offered to registered Rampagers.
- Splash Studio 12-2pm.“Beef & Cheese” Santa Party at Elf Studio (Splash Studio) complimentary cheese and sausage and drink specials at our Buddy the Elf Themed Pop-up Bar.
- Kegel’s Inn, 5901 W National Ave. West Allis Open to feed Santas 8am to 11am, reopens at 4:30pm
- Drunk Uncle, 1902 S 68th St, West Allis,
- Kochanski’s Concertina Beer Hall, 1pm-close, 1920 S 37th St., Milwaukee
- Lakefront Brewery, Open 10:00am-Noon, 1872 N Commerce St., Milwaukee
- Nomad World Pub, Santa Mike lights the fire pit lit at 7AM with drink specials and food, then he leads the shortest official Santa ride to Lakefront Brewery! 1401 E Brady St, Milwaukee
- Boone and Crockett, 818 S Water St. Have a Merry LEX-MAS” 2pm-?
- Company Brewing, 735 E. Center St. 8am-10am?
Please save yourself some time at the Rampage check-in that morning and sign the waiver online by clicking the button below.
Cream City Hostel is offering 20% off any of our rooms or beds during the week of Santa Rampage 2019. Crash with us and keep the party going in Riverwest with indoor bike storage, showers, self-serve kitchen and plenty of coffee/tea to get you awake the next morning with local brunch spots. Use the code “Santa2019” on our website www.creamcityhostel.com
Haven’t been on a Santa Cycle Rampage? This fun video from last year’s Rampage by Richard Beauchamp and our friends at Mainly Editing should give you an idea of what to expect. Thanks also to Eddie Blazonczyk, Sr. (July 12, 1941 – May 21, 2012) and The Versatones for the perfect background music. Blazoncyk, from south of the Cheddar Curtain, was a Grammy award-winning musician and is deservedly in the Polka Hall of Fame.
See the route map below for the location of registration check-in at BelAir Cantina, ride start at Cranky Al’s, and to find the locations of other Santa Gathering Places around the Milwaukee area.
We did contact all the other business owners where Santas traditionally gather in the morning or as post-ride parties, and they all agreed to roll out the red carpet for holiday merrymakers again this year. We even picked up some new places. All the business owners also agreed to sponsor the ride with donations to the Wisconsin Bike Fed. Below is the official list of Santa Cycle Rampage Day sponsors for morning gathering places and post-ride parties. Note that some of these businesses have limited hours for Santas because they have tours and other events.
If you have never tried riding around town in a Santa suit, you really should. It is the only time you get honked at riding your bike because people are so happy to see you! We have lots more photos from Days of Santa Cycle Rampage Past here and here on our Bike Fed Photoshelter website.