Originally held annually in Somerset, WI from 1983 to the early 1990’s, the Popcorn Man Triathlon was designed as a competitive yet fun for the whole family type of event, also providing an opportunity for local fundraising. It was a continuous non-stop race that included a 5 mile run, a 12 mile bicycle ride, and then a 2.5 mile tube ride down the Apple River to the finish line!
- Run 5k.
- Bike 10 Miles.
- Inner Tube 2.5 miles down the world-famous Apple River.
- Enjoy the concert!
- All for Charity!!!
Schedule of events will include the race getting underway at 9:00 am, coupled with a winner’s trophy presentation and giveaways at approximately 2pm. The event will transition from a celebration of the return of the Popcorn Man Triathlon to a concert featuring several local and prominent bands. Big Guys BBQ and Lift Bridge Brewery will be there to celebrate all western WI has to offer. And for those wanting to make a complete day out of the event, you can reserve camping spots for an overnight stay, (full service and rustic camping available) here- (appleriver.com) This is a great outdoor opportunity with fun for the whole family! Please check back often to get updated information as it becomes available.
*** Entry fee covers race, tube rental, t-shirt, concert entry and drink ticket! ***
- 7:00-8:45 – Registration opens. T-shirts, RFID tags and wrist bands handed out.
- 8:15 – Meeting with participants. Go over rules and race. Questions answered.
- 9:00 – Race begins! (5k first) Then bike, tube.
- 12:00 – 2:00 – Food/beer/social. Lift Bridge Brewing Beer Tent Party, Big Guys BBQ Truck & River’s Edge Concessions.
- 1:00 – Award ceremony and prize giveaways!
- 2:00 – 9:00 – Music | Live Concert. Come out and enjoy music by Nici Peper, The New Feral Cats, Coyote Wild and Headliners The Shalo Lee Band!