Join Today

Read on to learn more about the conclusion of our letter campaign and impacting the biennial state budget.

Last Wednesday, June 15th, 2023 we wrapped up our “Letters to Legislators” campaign in coordination with Trek Bicycles, selecting 3 individuals who participated in the campaign by writing a letter to their legislators. The three winners were notified last week via email and will each be receiving a prize goodie bag from the Bike Fed and Trek! Congratulations to our winners:

  • Mary P. –  Appleton
  • Peter B. – Port Washington
  • Linda B. – Fitchburg

I want to thank EVERYONE who participated in this letter writing campaign. Over the course of 5 weeks, we sent more than 1400 letters to state legislators encouraging them to support funding for cycling and trails projects, maintenance, and legislative initiatives in the budget. Further breaking down our letter campaign, 42% of our letters to legislators were 606 handwritten letters that were mailed. The remaining 58% of letters came from our email form on the Bike Fed website. We believe that this made a big difference influencing legislators and getting them to pay attention to the needs of the cycling and trails community in Wisconsin. No matter how you participated in this campaign, THANK YOU for supporting our budget initiatives – we could not make such an impact without all of you contacting your legislators. In July, we will have a newsletter spotlight that will detail all of our wins and shortcomings in the state budget following the budget’s finalization. 

Despite the biennial state budget coming to a close, our work to make Wisconsin a better state for trails and cycling never ends! Stay tuned for more advocacy opportunities to come this summer as we take some time to re-strategize following the completion of the state budget. 

One final time, thank you for being an advocate for more cycling and trails funding, infrastructure, education, and opportunities in the state of Wisconsin. Your support makes our progress possible!