One of the best things about the Ride Across Wisconsin (RAW) is the way that it connects people across our great state through cycling.
Unfortunately, in our current health environment, such a large gathering isn’t a positive. Gathering as a large group in our host cities, plus all of the wonderful small communities that we visit as we travel across the state, won’t be safe until we can safely interact with one another in large groups. Therefore, after lengthy discussions and with heavy hearts, we have decided to cancel RAW for 2020.
The Ride Across Wisconsin is the Wisconsin Bike Fed’s largest annual fundraiser. Not producing this event will create a financial challenge for us. However, we understand that many folks are facing financial difficulties that they simply did not expect when they registered for the event. Therefore, we have three options for registered participants:
- Request a full refund. We hope that you will consider returning to complete the Ride Across Wisconsin with us in the future.
- Defer your registration until next year. We are excited for Raw 2021, July 30th – August 2nd, and the opportunity to share our great route, unparalleled ride support, delicious food, and all of the family fun we have planned.
- Donate your registration to the Bike Fed. A donation of some, or all, of your registration fee will support the work we do to make riding a bike in Wisconsin easier, safer and more fun. A donation of your handling fees, for example, will allow the Bike Fed to cover the sunk costs from this year’s event.
If you have already filled out this survey from your email, no need to do it again.
We appreciate your decision to support the Bike Fed by registering for the Ride Across Wisconsin. All currently registered participants will keep their Bike Fed membership for 2020 and we look forward to the opportunity to stay in touch with you!Join us in 2021 on July 30th to August 2!!
Chris Stindt, email@example.com
Ride Across Wisconsin Event Director
On behalf of the RAW Team
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I paid by credit card, how will I see my refund?
- Starting on June 1st, we will begin processing refunds and it will show up on your next credit card statement.
- If I defer, can I later get a refund?
- No, but we will allow people to change their ride preference. If next year you only want to do half or you registered for half and now want to train for full thing – go for it!
- If Wisconsin’s Safe at Home order is lifted, why can’t we have the event?
- Bringing nearly 1000 participants from all over Wisconsin, the midwest, and beyond to our host cities of La Crosse, Plover and Green Bay could be a health risk. We are also concerned for the safety of our volunteers, particularly in our smaller rest stop communities. Also, we know how much training goes into this event, and that it is often done in a group. At this date, training alone for 225 miles could be a hardship for our registered riders.
- Why not reschedule for later in 2020?
- Safety – it takes a lot of daylight to ride 225 miles, and rescheduling would be difficult from that perspective. We also have no way of knowing when other public health concerns will be resolved.