Santa Cycle Rampage Saturday, Dec. 7th, 2019
(REGISTRATION OPENING OCTOBER 1st!, COME BACK SOON!)
7 am – 9 am – Day-of registration for procrastinators at BelAir Cantina Tosa, 6817 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa
FIRST 500 Pre-registered riders check-in at BelAir get your COLLECTORS EDITION ENAMEL 2019 PIN and pick up pre ordered merch.
For those who save their holiday shopping until Christmas Eve, you can register for the Rampage that morning between 7AM and 9AM at BelAir and buy limited edition merchandise for this year’s ride!
9:15 am – Ride leaves from Cranky Al’s at 69th and North Ave.
10:30 am – Ride ends at Lakefront Brewery, 1872 N Commerce St. (open to Santa and his helpers from 10am – 12pm)
See the list below for other Santa Gathering places to enjoy holiday cheer before and after the ride. Keep in the loop as we add more Santa Gathering places and announce special offers for Santa’s helpers on our Santa Cycle Rampage Facebook community and Facebook event page. If you have a favorite cafe or tavern that wants to be listed as a Santa Rampage gathering place, ask the owner or manager to email Jake.Newborn@wisconsinbikefed.org
Please save yourself some time at the Rampage check-in that morning and sign the waiver online by clicking the button below.
We started the Santa Cycle Rampage 17 years ago with a handful of people who rode their bikes all year so we had a fun ride in the winter and encourage other people to try riding in the winter. Now lots of people ride all year, which may be one reason why the Santa Cycle Rampage now attracts hundreds of people and has even spun off other Santa Cycle Rampage rides as far away as Boston.
Haven’t been on a Santa Cycle Rampage? This fun video from last year’s Rampage by Richard Beauchamp and our friends at Mainly Editing should give you an idea of what to expect. Thanks also to Eddie Blazonczyk, Sr. (July 12, 1941 – May 21, 2012) and The Versatones for the perfect background music. Blazoncyk, from south of the Cheddar Curtain, was a Grammy award-
The police-led Santa Cycle Rampage ride will start at 9:30am from Cranky Al’s Bakery at 69th and North Avenue (one of the traditional morning Santa gathering places). Riders can stage on 69th St,. The ride will be a slow, 5.5 mile group ride down North Avenue to Lakefront Brewery.
Registration for the Santa Cycle Rampage Ride is AT THIS LINK
Parents, in the spirit of the holidays, kids under 18 ride free, but be sure to add to your waiver please!
See the route map below for the location of registration check-in at BelAir Cantina, ride start at Cranky Al’s, and to find the locations of other Santa Gathering Places around the Milwaukee area.
We did contact all the other business owners where Santas traditionally gather in the morning or as post-ride parties, and they all agreed to roll out the red carpet for holiday merrymakers again this year. We even picked up some new places. All the business owners also agreed to sponsor the ride with donations to the Wisconsin Bike Fed. Below is the official list of Santa Cycle Rampage Day sponsors for morning gathering places and post-ride supporter. Note that some of these businesses have limited hours for Santas because they have tours and other events.
2018 Santa Gathering Places (Your neighborhood holiday haunt not listed? Ask the proprietor to email Santa Dave to get on the list.
- Belair Cantina, Wauwatosa, 6817 W North Ave., Wauwatosa 7am Pre-ride check-in and day-of registration.
- Cafe Hollander Wauwatosa Village, 7677 W State St. 8am
- Cafe Hollander Downer, 2608 N Downer Ave. 8am, the original east side official gathering place for Santa!
- Cafe Centraal, 2306 S Kinnickinnic Ave., Bay View 8am
- Cranky Al’s, 6901 W North Ave., Wauwatosa 6am
- Great Lakes Distillery, 11am-2pm, 616 W Virginia St., Milwaukee, Delicious food and beverages, with
- Mobcraft Brewery 505 S. 5th St Milwaukee, 9 craft pizzas and soft pretzels on menu, featuring Candy Krampus beer!
- Kegel’s Inn, 5901 W National Ave., West Allis, Open to feed hungry Santas from 8am-11am, then group ride to Lakefront Brewery, reopens at 4:30pm
- Kochanski’s Concertina Beer Hall, 1pm-close, 1920 S 37th St., Milwaukee
- Lakefront Brewery, Open 10:00am-noon, 1872 N Commerce St., Milwaukee
- Nomad World Pub, 1401 E Brady St, Milwaukee, Santa Mike lights the fire pit lit at 7AM with drink specials and food, then leads the shortest official Santa ride to Lakefront Brewery.
Hopefully the number of businesses who welcome Santas and friends continues to grow over the years, and there are even more people riding around in Holiday suits in every corner of Milwaukee, getting more people to try riding bikes in the winter and spending money at local businesses to boost our economy.