When the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin was established 35 years ago in 1988, communication with cyclists was a primary motivation and goal. Now with the magic of email, we are pleased to carry on the founders’ vision by sharing a free weekly e-newsletter with thousands of cycling enthusiasts who want to stay up-to-date on what’s happening around the state.
In October 2023 we requested feedback from email subscribers to share what they like about the weekly e-newsletter and what they would like to see more of. Our gratitude to everyone who took time to complete the survey! Here is a summary of what we learned:
- Respondents represented 39 of Wisconsin’s 72 counties plus two from Illinois
- How often do you read the Bike Fed’s weekly e-newsletter?
- Always – 75.9%
- Sometimes – 21.9%
- Rarely/Never – 2%
- Top 3 favorite types of articles:
- Bike Fed events and finding events around the state
- Bike travel/adventure stories
- Legislative updates
- Honorable Mention: Profiles of communities investing in cycling for residents/tourism
- Top 3 priorities for Bike Fed:
- Building support for investment in cycling infrastructure related to roads and trails
- Advocating for bike-friendly laws
- Acting as a resource for WI cycling information (routes, gear, info, etc)
- Honorable mention: Pursuing equitable access for all residents (road & trail construction, access, policies, etc.)
- How often do you visit the Bike Fed website:
- Weekly: 15%
- Monthly: 23.5%
- A Few Times per Year: 55.5%
- Other: 6%
- What would you like to see more of in the e-newsletter (a summary of many insightful responses!):
- Local and national trails, travel, maps, routes, destinations, touring, bikepacking, mountain biking, e-biking, fat tire, personal stories.
- Info on bikes, gear, repairs, tech, training, fitness, safety education, etiquette/rules.
- Features on bike clubs, bike shops, communities, cyclists, members, regions of the state, other organizations with similar mission.
DRAWING – To encourage participation in the survey, we offered a drawing for five sets of Wisconsin Bicycling Maps. Congratulations to the following e-newsletter subscribers/survey participants and best wishes discovering new routes to explore!
Deborah M – Eagle River/Vilas County
Ella V – Green Bay/Brown County
Gary J – Greenwood/Clark County
Josiah L – Madison/Dane County
Maria B – West Allis/Milwaukee County
SUPPORTERS – Through the insightful comments shared, we learned that some respondents were not familiar that our non-profit organization is also a membership organization. We are very proud to count all of our email subscribers as valued supporters, and deeply grateful to those who choose to join, renew, or give a gift membership to sustain our statewide efforts. To learn more about membership options, levels and benefits for individuals and organizations, please visit the Bike Fed membership webpages or call/email your membership team at 414-626-1540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANKS AGAIN – to everyone who participated in the October 2023 survey, and for those who shared kind words of thanks and encouragement for the Bike Fed’s work. ❤️ We will continue to do our best to share the informative and engaging content you want to see!
Not yet signed up to receive the free weekly e-newsletter?
Stay up-to-date on Wisconsin cycling news by subscribing to the free weekly e-newsletter at the bottom of any webpage of WisconsinBikeFed.org! Invite a friend to sign-up, too, and discuss topics over coffee or ice cream after a nice ride!