Even a bad day on a bike is better than a good day off a bike!
A letter from the Wisconsin Bike Fed’s Executive Director and Board President
If you enjoy riding your bike, the Wisconsin Bike has made your life better. With your support, the Bike Fed is celebrating 35 years of making biking better for you. Let us tell you how:
- Building a community of cyclists across the state from every walk of life and every corner of the state. From recreational and commuter cyclists to industry representatives and policy makers. When you nod at a fellow biker in your travels, no doubt that person is part of the Bike Fed family.
- Providing cycling education from Balance and Pedal, Adventure Bike Camps and Safe Routes to School, the Bike Fed offers bike safety programming for kids and adults of varying skill levels and aims to make cycling more accessible to people of all ages.
- Making cycling safer through our advocacy efforts such as passing the three feet law, and giving cyclists the same rights as cars, including the right to ride two across in a lane.
- Improving your ride by supporting infrastructure projects in Wisconsin communities as well as partnering with the state and AAA to produce bicycle maps that help riders plan bike trips.
- Advancing cycling through the annual Ride Guide that showcases the best of rides and trails in Wisconsin, along with the businesses and communities that support riding.
- Supporting epic rides, including Bike Fed’s own signature Santa Rampage and Ride Across Wisconsin events, and promoting numerous other rides organized by other groups throughout the state.
- Expanding Cycling Without Age in communities across Wisconsin so that seniors and people with disabilities can experience the joy of cycling by riding in trishaws driven by Bike Fed-trained pilots.
- Raising Bicycle Awareness in ALL of our communications – website, email, facebook, Instagram and more; and special events such as the annual Bike Week in June and the biennial Wisconsin Bike Summit.
For 35 years, the Bike Fed has made biking better in Wisconsin and with your support, we can continue to do this for the next 35 years and beyond! Please consider making a generous contribution now.
Thank you for your support!
Amelia Kegel, Board Chair
Kirsten Finn, Executive Director
P.S. Monthly recurring donations can be a convenient way to support throughout the year, and if you would like to double your donation, please check to see if your employer will match your gift.