The Bike Fed is ramping up our efforts to help communities become more bike-friendly in 2023. We have expanded our focus on Connectors & Connections; key projects (connectors) that are important to cyclists from every corner of the state and the invaluable connections – people – at the advocacy, government, and business levels to further our collective goals for Wisconsin cycling.
Over the past month, our staff have been working to update our Priority Projects webpage. We are thrilled to present this new streamlined version of the webpage showcasing the current priority projects where our efforts are focused. Our goal is to continue working directly with this list of communities that want to accelerate bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure projects by: advising local advocates, leveraging constituent support, connecting communities with resources like planners and engineers, and providing technical assistance in applying for Federal funding. We believe that this process will help move the following 13 projects from “paper” to “paving”:
- 30th Street Corridor – Milwaukee
- Multi-Use Connector Trail – East Troy
- Multi-Use Recreational Path – East Troy/Mukwonago
- Flyway Trail – Buffalo Park
- Glacial Drumlin/Capital City Connector – Madison/Cottage Grove
- Lauree’s Trail – Green Lake
- Mound View Park Connector – Platteville
- Mountain Bay State Trail Connector – Richmond Township
- Omaha Trail – Juneau County
- River Trail – Eagle River/St. Germain
- Stewart Tunnel – Dane County
- Wisconsin Recreational River Bridge – Sauk City
- Wisconsin River Trail – Boscobel/Woodman
On the new webpage, you can read the latest about each project, where it is, and what the eventual completion of the project will mean. Working with communities around the state on these projects helps us move the state of Wisconsin towards our ultimate goal: ensuring recreational opportunity and safety are prioritized for all cyclists, pedestrians, and trail users.
Please, visit our new webpage to learn more.